Przejdź do treści
English

Wooden church

Cieszyn

Description

The church dedicated to the Archangel Michael was built in 1777. It is the biggest wooded church in Cieszyn Silesia. Built in 1751, covered with shingle and topped with cupola with blind lamp post tower is the oldest part of this frame constructed castle.

 

In the Baroque interiors can be found:

– high altar from 19th century with the sculpture of Jan Nepomucen

– side altars with the sculpture of Mother of God,

– patrons’ pews,

– chancel,

– semicircular arches,

– pulpit,

– baptismal font in Rococo style.

 

The temple and adjacent graveyard are located in quiet, country surroundings. In front of the entrance car park is available. 

Additional information

Is accessible to public?

Yes

How far it is?

At venue

How good lightning is

Small

Noise level

Small

Has parking space

Yes

Needs permission?

Yes