Przejdź do treści
English

The Będzin Castle

Będzin

Description

A castle of Będzin from the beginnings of the 14th century. It is located on a scarp, at the left bank of the Czarna Przemsza River. It is an example of a fortification in the Gothic Revival architectural style.

The castle became the site of the Zagłębie Museum in 1956. Apart from the castle there are tower with a view of Zagłębie and café in the castle’s cellars, both open to visitors.

 

The area is double walled by stone walls and surrounded by a beautiful green square, what creates an outstanding atmosphere. A beauty of the castle can be observed in the film ‘The Mill and the Cross’.

Additional information

Is accessible to public?

Yes

How far it is?

Small

How good lightning is

Medium

Noise level

Small

Has parking space

Yes

Needs permission?

Yes