Przejdź do treści
English

St Jack’s church

Bytom

Description

The church building had started in 1908 whereas its ceremonial consecration took place seven years later. The entire building was designed by Max Giemza in the Neo-Roman style.

 

The two-storey church consists of:

three naves,

two towers – 56 meters high,

organ gallery,

– numerous sandstone sculptures,

altars and carved wooden pulpit,

stained-glass windows.

 

Artificial light dominates inside the church. In the presbytery premises  there is a cobbled yard. The temple is located on St Jack’s hill in a quiet part of Bytom. The parish premises include: the graveyard, the chapel and the lower church (located in the main church’s crypt).

Additional information

Is accessible to public?

Yes

How far it is?

At venue

How good lightning is

Medium

Media

Electricity

Noise level

Small

Has parking space

Yes

Needs permission?

Yes