Przejdź do treści
English

Saint Jacob’s Church

Częstochowa

Description

A history of the Saint Jacob’s Church dates back to the 16th century, when a small, wooden chapel with a shelter for sick pilgrims was built there in 1586. Following years brought changes and the chapel was altered into a baroque temple and then into Byzantine, Orthodox church. It was not until 1947 that the church was taken over by Catholics.

Despite many changes, e.g. removal of Byzantine domes, changing the middle domes into semicircular ones and side domes into conical roofs, the church has preserved its Byzantine Revival architectural style.

 

An interior of the building:

– in Early Christian style,

– graphite decoration,

– side walls covered with wood panelling,

– stained- glass windows.

 

Around the church there is a big, green area, in front of the entrance there are stairs and cobbled  driveway.

Additional information

Is accessible to public?

Yes

How far it is?

At venue

How good lightning is

Small

Media

Electricity

Noise level

Small

Has parking space

Yes

Needs permission?

Yes