Przejdź do treści
English

Parachute Tower

Katowice

Description

Located in Kościuszko Park in Katowice, it’s the only parachute tower in Poland. It is the historic attraction and monument to the defenders of Katowice.

 

Built in 1937, made of blue and white steel. 35 meters high. Destroyed during the Second World War after the heroic fight of the Silesian scouts. Reconstructed in the 50s of the 20th century. It used to serve as the place of training for the parachutists.

 

Thanks to its location, all the KościuszkoPark’s attractions are in the immediate proximity. 

Additional information

Is accessible to public?

Yes

How far it is?

At venue

How good lightning is

High

Noise level

Small

Has parking space

Yes

Needs permission?

Yes