Przejdź do treści
English

Church of St.Barbara in Chorzów

Chorzów

Description

Church of St. Barbara was built in 1852. Since its very beginning it has been the place of worship for the workers of the nearby coal mine. The Roman Catholic Parish is located in one of the Chorzów districts in Silesian region.

 

The interiors are filled with the sculptures and low reliefs as well as sunbeams coming through the stained-glass windows.  The parish owns the relics of the saints such as: St. Stanislaus Kostka’s, St. Therese’s of Lisieux, St. Aloysius’ of Gonzaga, Saint Cross’.

 

Behind the temple the graveyard is located. Railway station, stadium and Voivodship Park of Culture and Recreation are located in the immediate proximity.

Additional information

Is accessible to public?

Yes

How far it is?

At venue

How good lightning is

Medium

Media

Electricity

Noise level

Small

Has parking space

Yes

Needs permission?

Yes