Przejdź do treści
English

Church dedicated to the Archangel Michael in Katowice

Katowice

Description

The oldest church in Katowice, located in KościuszkoPark, on Beata’s Hill.

 

Built in 1510 in Syria, it was transferred to the capital  of Upper Silesia in 1938.  Wooden, single-nave church with the log constructed walls and the roof covered with the shingle. Nave together with the chancel are in the shape of a rectangle.

 

Inside there are:

– Late Gothic, wooden sculpture of Mother of God with the baby Jesus,

– main body of wooden pulpit from 17th century,

– stone stoup,

– wooden chest with ferrules.

 

The church premises together with the bell tower from 17th century are surrounded by the wooden fence.

Artificial light dominates inside the church.

Additional information

Is accessible to public?

Yes

How far it is?

At venue

How good lightning is

Small

Noise level

Small

Has parking space

Yes

Needs permission?

Yes